If you have a passion for social justice and serving the marginalised, you may be just who we’re looking for to join our staff team. To enquire, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the corresponding job title in the subject line.
ROAD Assistance Administrator
Refugees Opportunity and Development (ROAD) Programme is an initiative of Branches of Hope Ltd. The focus of ROAD is to provide assistance to the Refugee and Asylum Seeker (RAS) community. ROAD programme provides social support, financial assistance, and educational opportunities to the RAS community.
Currently, we have a full time position that directly reports to the ROAD Programme Manager. This position will require the person to work on Sundays and some evenings. Click here for the full job description.
Responsible for financial payouts to the RAS community including assistance, educational program assistance, emergency assistance and transportation.
Prepare and keep proper records of RAS member’s attendance at various meetings.
Update and alert ROAD team on current RAS member’s status in respect of financial eligibility.
To man the kitchen and food for RAS fellowships and other events as needed.
Work with Line Manager, Case Worker and Accounting Team for processing of paper work and accounting procedure; and allocation of finances during the week.
- Minimum qualification of a degree or equivalent is required.
- Highly organised, self-driven with proven administrative experience.
- Good computer skills, discrete and sensitive to details.
- Good command of English, both written and spoken. Cantonese or French will be a bonus.
- Able to work with cash and numbers, and possess great interpersonal skill.
- Catering and hospitality skills will be excellent.
How to Apply
Please send your cover letter, resume and any relevant references to email@example.com. Closing date for application is 5pm, 31 August 2018
STOP Programme Assistant / Officer
We are seeking a full-time Programme Assistant / Officer to join our anti-human trafficking team – Stop Trafficking of People (STOP). Click here for the full job description.
Key Responsibilities (85%)
Manage social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn) and websites
Produce engaging content for various channels, newsletter and websites
Translate, proofread and edit material
Manage casework system and provide assistance to clients (survivors of human trafficking)
Provide support in the development of new projects and other initiatives where needed
Additional Responsibilities (15%)
Go on outreach on a bi-weekly basis
Perform ad hoc duties as required
- Degree holder in Social Work, Public Health or related discipline
- Minimum one year experience in one of the following: NGO setting, training and facilitation or other relevant work
- Excellent command of Chinese and English and the ability to communicate effectively with work partners and clients in both languages
- Proficiency in Sinhalese, Bahasa Indonesian or Tagalog is an asset
- Obligatory: Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Package
- Asset: Adobe Photoshop; Basic knowledge in graphic design
- An understanding of issues faced by migrant domestic workers, sex workers, refugees and asylum seekers
- Good interpersonal skills with critical analysis, problem solving and presentation skills
- Self-motivated and ability to multi-task
- Interest in social justice
How to Apply
Please send your cover letter, resume and any relevant references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for application is 5pm, 31 August 2018.